Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things that piss me off about NASCAR

I love this sport, but some things really get on my nerves. I already wrote about one of them, now for three others. I am warning you now, if you don’t like my ranting, please do not read, but please tell your friends that like ranting to come read. Every so often I find something about NASCAR that really pissing me off. Drivers, races, situations, feuds, and plenty more other things.

The first thing that is pissing me off right now is ESPN’s coverage of this past Sunday’s Cup race, or the lack there of. Commercials at the wrong place, showing the wicked witch of the West all the time, and not showing the reason for a debris caution. With that let’s go deeper into the last debris caution. Kasey Kahne, in my opinion the hottest driver in NASCAR, hit the wall, causing some things from his car to fall onto the track. Now, show of hands, how many people actually knew why exactly the caution came out? Unless you were listening to his radio or someone told you, you didn’t know. ESPN failed to broadcast that over the air. The reason why THIS pisses me off is because ESPN doesn’t understand that unless they show it on TV, people watching at home are NOT going to know what happens. Another thing. Commercial breaks. Taking a break after 7 laps is NOT cool. Taking a break with 15 laps to go is NOT cool. Another thing. Interviews. Perfect example. Danica Patrick. She was interviewed BEFORE the third place finisher at last week’s Nationwide race. Another thing about ESPN. Go back a couple of months to when Trevor Bayne won three poles in a row. How long to do think they talk about that? About two days, until a Cup regular won the race. ESPN gives Cup regulars more coverage during the nationwide race.

Next thing Richard Petty Motorsports. They really piss me off because since Kasey decided to leave them at the end of the year, they decided to give him crappy equipment and give the team mate wrecker AJ Allmendinger everything. Kasey and Elliott are getting the short end of the stick over there and AJ is being treated like the favorite child. It really pisses me off.

1 comment:

  1. Sam..... i agree with everything you just ranted about! thank you for saying everything that's on every fans mind!

    ReplyDelete