Monday, January 17, 2011

Jeff Gordon, Trevor Bayne, Austin Dillon top Popular Driver polls









After this year’s ridiculous Most Popular Driver vote, I was appalled that Dale Earnhardt Jr. won for the eighth time in a row. So, I decided to see for myself if he was really the most popular driver in NASCAR. Why just stop at the Cup Series? I did a poll for all three top touring series. The Cup results surprised me, but in a good way. Nationwide didn’t surprise me at all and the Truck series didn’t as well.




The Cup Series poll threw me for a loop. Jeff Gordon flew passed everyone, even the so-called Most Popular Driver for eight years running.




Cup:




Jeff Gordon- 6




Joey Logano- 3




Bobby Labonte- 2




Dale Earnhardt Jr.- 2




Ryan Newman- 1




Kevin Harvick- 2




Tony Stewart- 2




Kasey Kahne- 3




Carl Edwards- 2




Denny Hamlin- 1




Trevor Bayne blew everyone out of the water in the Nationwide poll. How did he not win Most Popular Driver?




NNS



Robert Richardson- 1


Kyle Busch- 1



Trevor Bayne- 10



Kenny Wallace- 3



Ricky Stenhouse Jr.- 1



Steve Wallace- 1



Joe Nemechek- 1




Austin Dillon rocked the Camping World Truck Series poll. Again, how did he not win the title?




Truck




Austin Dillon- 7




Ron Hornaday- 3




Mike Skinner- 1




Matt Crafton- 1




Todd Bodine- 1




Ricky Carmichael- 3




James Buescher- 1




What does this tell you? People are not voting right. If you want to see your favorite driver win, you have to vote. That’s what I did. I voted for Kasey Kahne and Trevor Bayne like crazy, but it didn’t matter because other fans like me weren’t voting. Let’s make a change for next season. Let’s take away the Most Popular Driver title away from Dale Earnhardt Jr. and give it to someone who deserves it! When voting starts, vote, vote, vote!!

No comments:

Post a Comment