Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kenny Francis tops Chad Knaus



Everyone is missing the NASCAR season, well so am I. In my recent boredom, I decided to take a poll. Actually, three polls.


First. If you were a NASCAR driver, which current Cup crew chief would you want to have? The usuals came up. Chad Knaus and Zippy, along with Mike Ford, Dave Rogers. Out of the 23 people who answered (yeah, it was that pathetic! Lol), the majority said three drivers. That kind of didn’t surprise me. What surprised me is that Chad Knaus DIDN’T get the most votes. Who did? That would be Kenny Francis, Kasey Kahne’s crew chief. I was fairly surprised that Kenny not only kept up with Chad, beat him in my poll. David Ragan’s crew chief, Drew Blickensderfer, made the list. Who can spell Blickensderfer without cheating?


Why did people pick Kenny Francis? I know why I did. It’s not because he is my favorite driver’s crew chief. It’s because of who he handles his driver under pressure. Kenny listens to Kasey when he has a problem. He tries to calm Kasey down when he is mad. He never gets angry with Kasey.


Results:


1. Kenny Francis- 8


2. Chad Knaus- 7


3. Greg Zipadelli- 3


4.Darian Grubb- 1


- Tony Eury Sr.- 1


- Mike Ford- 1


- Alan Gustafson- 1


- Drew Blickensderfer- 1


- Dave Rogers- 1


Second question: if you were to start your own NASCAR team and could have any driver, which current Cup driver would you choose? This completely surprised me. Out the 20 answers I got, only ONE said Jimmie Johnson. I am blown away that people wouldn’t want 5-time Cup champion on as their driver. I guess people don’t want to win. Jk! There was a tie for first. Denny Hamlin and Kasey Kahne received the same amount of votes. As my computer went into hibernation on me because it doesn’t tell me when I need to plug in anymore, I thought of some guys that missed the list: Carl Edwards, Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Brian Vickers, Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch.


Who did I pick? I picked Kasey Kahne. He has to be one of the most under-rated drivers out there. He is talented, but doesn’t quite have the career stats to show it.


Results:


1. Denny Hamlin: 4


- Kasey Kahne: 4


2. Tony Stewart: 2


- Kyle Busch: 2


- Ryan Newman: 2


3. Kevin Harvick: 1


- Jamie McMurray: 1


- Dale Jr.: 1


- Joey Logano: 1


- Jeff Gordon: 1


- Marcos Ambrose: 1


- Jeff Burton: 1


- Jimmie Johnson: 1


 


Third question: What is your favorite track? This one was easier to answer than the other two. It was pretty much a straight forward question. There are so many tracks to choose from: Pocono (the Tricky Triangle), Martinsville (The World’s Fastest Half-Mile), Darlington (The Lady in Black). Two of those three actually made the list. Two came out on top: Bristol and Charlotte. Two of my favorite tracks.


 


Results:


Bristol: 5


Charlotte: 5


Dover: 4


Talladega: 3


Dover: 3


Daytona: 2


Martinsville: 2


Pocono: 2


Indianapolis: 1

Atlanta: 1
Homestead: 1


 


If I didn’t get your votes, please feel free to comment them!


(Colin Braun exclusive to come soon! Stay tuned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment