Monday, March 21, 2011

Danica Patrick and Ryan Truex dust-up, who’s at fault?





Bristol is known for getting drivers wicked loose and making them wreck. It’s known for bringing out tempers. Saturday was no exception. Coming off her best finish in the series, Danica Patrick was just looking to finish her first race at Bristol ever. It look like she was going to finish when it happened. She was running rookie Ryan Truex down when he got a tad loose and got into the side of her #7 Go Daddy Chevrolet. That tiny amount of contact got Patrick loose, bringing her back up onto the race track, making her hit the wall, ending her day. Here’s where it got a at complicated. Under caution, Danica saw Truex coming. You would think she would pull her helmet off and chuck it at Truex’s car, right? She didn’t. This is what she did. ‘Patrick walked toward Truex’s car as it circled the track under the caution and held up her arms.’



“I felt like I got a run down the straight and it felt like he came into my right front,” Patrick said. “I don’t know exactly what happened.”



Here’s what Ryan Truex said about the incident in an interview after the race. “I got loose, came off the wall, came down on her, my fault. I didn’t mean to do it. If she’s mad, she’s mad. There’s nothing I can do about it now. I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry. I don’t know if she thinks if I did it on purpose or she was mad that it happened.”



This wasn’t the first time in the race these two raced against each other. “He just runs hard – he’s run hard every time I’ve been around him and it seems like overkill. If your car is good you’ll go forward, if your car isn’t, you’ll go back and that’s just a lot of NASCAR.” Patrick said. I have something to say about this statement of hers. Running hard in NASCAR is what you do. If you can’t handle other drivers running hard around you, you don’t belong in the sport.



Ryan admits that he made a mistake. “We were fighting loose through the center and off [the corner] the whole day,” Truex said. “It was really hard to drive on long runs and I was just trying to hold on to it for another pit stop so we can work on it. I was just real free off the corner, and we came off there side-by-side, and I got kicked out sideways. I just had to bring it down to keep it off the wall and she was down there. I hate it for her. She was probably having a good run.” For being the age he is, Ryan showed a lot of maturity after the race during his interview. He didn’t get mad that Danica was pissed off at him. He just simply took the blame and apologized. That takes true maturity.



I still wasn’t quite satisfied with what the two drivers had to say, so I took it to twitter. Yes, the magical powers of twitter! Here’s what that fans had to say:



RowdyKaren421: I didn’t get to watch the race but I saw the video on NASCAR.com and Ryan did nothing wrong



KK_KFfan4: it was Bristol an Danica needs to stay in Indy car



Speeds_promdate: I think Truex was just racing hard and good Danica needs to realize that’s how you race in NASCAR, hard and aggressive



TLaut23: my opinion on Patrick and Truex. Danica needs to realize that sometimes she’s at fault. Truex got a little loose, but for the most part it’s Bristol Baby. Bristol is a track for the strong not for the weak. Today Danica showed her weakness in her emotions



Doug Stump (Facebook): I think it was just a racing accident, that is the it goes a lot of times specially at Bristol



Selina Robison Pennington (Facebook): it’s nobody’s fault, it’s racing at Bristol



Katie_2835: I think Danica Patrick needs to get used to this style of racing. Don’t complain about guys racing you hard. This is how they race



Tyler Gray (Facebook): it is Ryan’s fault because he got loose and came down just enough and Danica happened to be there. That said it’s not like he meant to do it or anything like that, just close racing at Bristol



AngieLuvsMusic: I don’t think Ryan did anything wrong. He got loose and she was there



Everyone makes a very valid point when talking about the incident between Danica Patrick and Ryan Truex. Here’s what I have to say. They are BOTH at fault. No matter how you look at it, they are both at fault. Ryan got loose. Yes, we all know that. Danica was a tad too close to Ryan when he did. But, that’s what happens at Bristol. Drivers get too close to each other. That’s who they wreck. I’m not saying that the wreck was intentional because it clearly wasn’t. Danica may have gotten the worst end of it, but it’s both of their faults. I’m not a fan of Danica’s, but I’m not going to blame her for all of it because of that. I’m a big fan of Ryan’s, but I’m not going to sit here and say that he didn’t do anything wrong. I am simply stating facts and my own opinion here.



All quotes came from here: http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/nationwideseries/Danica_Patricks_Bristol_debut_ends_with_a_crash_Ryan_Truex_takes_blame.html



 

No comments:

Post a Comment