Thursday, February 10, 2011

NASCAR 2010: What do you remember the most?


The 2011 NASCAR season is fast approaching. 100% of all race fans have been wanting more racing since Homestead. I know I have. I actually sort of filled the void of no NASCAR with a little football, seeing my favorite team lose one of the worst games I have ever seen and seeing my home team, the Green Bay Packers, win the Super Bowl. Now, that football is over, we can get all of our minds back on racing. A while ago, I took a poll. ‘Who do you think is going to win the Daytona 500?’. Most people said Kasey Kahne. This blog post isn’t really a poll. It’s just me wondering something.


Everyone has their favorite moments in NASCAR. Dale Earnhardt finally winning the Daytona 500 in 1998, Kevin Harvick winning at Atlanta after Dale Sr.’s death are some of my favorites. When you look back at the 2010 season, there were so many moments that stuck in race fans minds. Jamie McMurray winning three of the biggest races of the season, Joey Logano and Kevin Harvick feud, Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton going at it, and Kasey Kahne leaving RPM early. I asked people ‘What was your favorite moment from last year’s NASCAR Cup season?’. I wasn’t seeing which moment was the most popular, I just simply wanted to know. I have to say, watching Jamie McMurray cry in Victory Lane at Daytona made me cry. It was so emotional for him. His dad had left the track before the race ended, so he wasn’t there. Some of the big headlines of the season made my list. ‘Kasey Kahne released from RPM early, goes to Red Bull Racing to finish the season’. Joey Logano and Kevin Harvick get into it at Pocono after Kevin spun Joey out to get a position. I have to wonder, what is going to happen in the 2011 season? Are we going to see more ‘Have at it, Boys!’? Are we going to see someone break into Victory Lane? Are we finally going to see someone beat Jimmie Johnson in the points? Action starts with the Bud Shootout, Saturday at 8 p.m. ET on FOX!

(Picture: Jamie McMurray crying in Victory Lane after winning the Daytona 500)

No comments:

Post a Comment